1101 W McKinley Ave
Pomona, CA 91768
The National Park Service (NPS) Museum takes place in the American Great Outdoors (AGO) section of the LA County Fair. The museum will be celebrating the fair’s theme of “Take a Hike”. We’re looking for volunteers to greet visitors and get people excited about getting out into their local parks. Volunteers are needed to welcome visitors and help lead activities.
Dates and Times:
The days of operation for this museum will be September 1-24, 2017. We will be at the fair Wednesdays-Sundays during that time. Volunteers are asked to commit to at least two shifts.
Every Kid in a Park Program –
Wednesday-Friday – 8 am-3 pm (does not include travel time)
- Assist in greeting students and facilitating a short introduction to the NPS and public lands.
- Represent the NPS in swearing in Jr. Rangers
- Assist in awarding park passes to 4th graders
Greeter/Friendly Face – Times listed below do not include travel time –Variety of shifts available, if providing own transportation.
Wednesday- Sunday – 2 pm – 8 pm and
Saturday and Sunday 8 am – 3 pm
- Welcome visitors to the NPS Museum area
- LA Ranger Troca – NPS Mobile Engagement Center
- Share knowledge and answer questions on nearby trails and public land sites
Requirements & Commitment:
- Orientation or Training
- 8 hour shifts: Prefer 2 shift commitment
- Ability to stand for long periods
- Desire to work with people
- 18 years or older. We will accept younger volunteers but they must be accompanied by parent or legal guardian at all times.
- Free pass to the LA County Fair for the day you work!
- Parking pass may be available
- Free volunteer hat and Public Lands Day t-shirt
- Experience with special events and public education
No experience needed. Training is provided on August 20 or August 24 from 10 am – 12 pm.
For more information contact Gavin Todd at 213-253-0930 or email him at email@example.com.
Deadline for application: August 13, 2017
To apply to the volunteer position, go to https://www.volunteer.gov/results.cfm?ID=16856